List of Upcoming Events
Go Local, Grow Local conference will provide you with new insights, ideas and inspiration. But what really sets this event apart is practicality. Every session is designed to offer you specific actions that will yield tangible results for your organization, community or business. Presentations are brief and provide practical guidance while setting the stage for dialogue and action. You'll be a participant, not just an attendee.
If you're engaged in (or looking to start) a buy local campaign, economic development work, Main Street program, Chamber of Commerce, other work supporting independent businesses or operating one, you'll find this a valuable and unique event.
- Learn how to organize a successful IBA or educational campaign in your community or get the latest innovations to ramp up the power of your existing campaign.
- Participate in candid, nuts-and-bolts discussions about what’s been tried, what works…and what doesn’t with IBA directors and other Localization Movement leaders from around the country.
- Energize yourself by spending 2½ days with some of the most inspiring and fun people you’ll ever meet!
- Identify challenges and barriers to sourcing local and sustainable foods
- Learn best practices and strategies from hospitals throughout the region
- Initiate a regional procurement and communication strategy with hospitals in other Healthy Food in Health Care State Work Groups
- Motivate clinician to institutionalize change
- Support achieving the national Healthier Hospitals Initiative (HHI) Food Challenge
- Leading health care food service directors, wellness coordinators, sustainability directors, active in one of the 7 state Healthy Food in Health Care Work Groups
- Clinician champions who recognize the importance of a healthy food system for prevention-based care
We're excited to join hundreds of fellow food activists at the W.K. Kellogg Foundation's 2014 Food & Community Gathering: Harvesting Change.