Here is a sample Community Supported Fishery Contract, thanks to our friends at the Cape Cod Community Supported Fishery for sharing theirs with everyone. Download the attached pdf document to see how they have laid out their contract. Then copy and paste the language below to personalize the informtion for your own CSF.
MY COMMUNITY SUPPORTED FISHERY
Spring 2012 Season Contract
To become a member of the Cape Cod Community Supported Fishery, please read this contract carefully, fill in all the appropriate details, sign and date it, and mail it back to the Cape Cod CSF address on the second page.
1. Your Contact Information—(PLEASE PRINT)
Shellfish allergies Yes ___ No ____
Kosher Yes ___
We will never sell or share your contact information. It is solely for administrative purposes regarding your share.
2. Shares available: (here you want to insert information about what kind of shares you offer – ½ share, full share, fillets, whole fish, etc. The information here is what CCCSF uses and we’ve left it here to give you an idea)
CAPE COD WEIR HARVEST
Your share will include, on a rotating basis based on species caught during the week, whole fin fish from Cape Cod fish weirs: mackerel, scup, squid, butterfish @ $25/week for 5 weeks = $125
Your membership gets you 4-6 pound of whole fish, web support through recipes on line, video demonstrations and email support on preparation.
STAGE HARBOR COMBO
Your share will include, on a rotating basis based on species caught during the week from the weirs PLUS day boat caught sea scallops @ $35/week for 5 weeks = $175
Your membership gets you a combination of 4-6 pound of whole fish and day boat sea scallop meats, web support through recipes on line, video demonstrations and email support on preparation.
3. Distribution (pick up) location & time:
Chatham Farmer’s Market at the Ocean State Job Lot/ Local Color Art Gallery
Parking Lot 1652 Main St West Chatham –Tuesdays May 15-June 11 from 3-6:30 pm
4. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS CAREFULLY. YOUR SIGNATURE BELOW MEANS YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS.
The Spring season begins Tuesdays May 15th, and runs until Tuesdays June 11th .
- Please bring a cooler or insulated bag to carry home your seafood share. We will maintain your seafood shares at the proper temperature during distribution. We are not responsible for what happens to your share after you pick it up from the distribution site.
- Your fish will be a head-on or head & tail off depending on species. Scallops will be meat only.
- If you cannot make your scheduled pick up, please ask family, friends, or neighbors to pick up your share. Any unclaimed shares will be donated to local food pantries.
- If someone else is picking up your share, please make sure they know your shareholder’s primary name on the contract and that they have a cooler or insulated bag to transport the share. All share pick-ups will require a signature on our pick-up lists next to the shareholder name.
- If you miss a pick up, we cannot make up that missed share.
- Please note, all Cape Cod CSF purchases are non-refundable Our “daily catch” notification is a non-binding description of the seafood you receive that day. What gets distributed in a Cape Cod CSF share on any given day is up to Mother Nature.
5. Missed distributions on our part.
The safety of our fishermen is paramount. If a distribution is cancelled because of hazardous weather conditions or other extenuating circumstances, you will be notified by email. If we cancel a distribution, we will double-up to compensate the missed distribution on the next available week’s scheduled pick up. We can only compensate you for a missed share if we make an error.
6. Agreement with this contract.
I have read the terms of the Cape Cod Community Supported Fishery, Cape Cod Weir Harvest Spring 2012Season Contract and agree to these terms.
Signature: ________________________________________________ Date: ____________
I would like to receive e-newsletters from Cape Cod CSF_____
I am interested in the Summer Day Boat CSF _________
I am interested in the Indian Summer CSF __________
Make checks payable to: MY CSF and mail your contract and payment to:
P.O. Box 3434
My Town, MT 00000
MY Community Supported Fishery can be reached at:
Contact name, PH# and email address here.